Acer Pseudoplatanus varieties are planted for timber production; the wood is white with a silky lustre, and hard-wearing, used for musical instrument making, furniture, wood flooring and parquetry. Occasional trees produce wood with a wavy grain, greatly increasing the value for decorative veneers.
The wood is a medium weight for a hardwood, weighing 630 kg per cubic metre. It is a traditional wood for use in making the backs, necks and scrolls of violins. The wood is often marketed as rippled sycamore. Its uses are mainly indoor due to its perishability when in contact with soil. The flowers of acer pseudoplatanus produce abundant nectar, which makes a fragrant, delicately flavoured and pale-coloured honey.
The flowers of acer pseudoplatanus produce abundant nectar, which makes a fragrant, delicately flavoured and pale-coloured honey. It is also used as a species for medium to large Bonsai, in many areas of Europe where some fine specimens can be found.
Regal Petticoat® Maple
As Regal Petticoat® Maple gains acceptance as a superior versatile cultivar market expansion will provide greater access to these beautiful trees. The list of quality vendors is increasing rapidly to facilitate Tunpetti Corp’s production schedule. The future for Regal Petticoat® Maple will rival and exceed many of today’s most popular tree cultivars!
The patent number is: USPP 17537 P3
Trademarks: Tunpetti Corp, Regal Petticoat
Plant Breeder’s Rights: Canada
Regal Petticoat® Maple is the first maple variety to have its DNA sequenced to provide its own unique DNA fingerprint. Test and Fingerprint created at Vineland Research Station, Vineland, Ontario, Canada.For fouther information please contact Tunpetti Corp. This data validates the uniqueness of Regal Petticoat® Maple further supports the patent and plant breeders rights.
- It withstands the effects of salt either spray or soil drench
- It has a high resistance to many of the common maple diseases such as Tar Spot Powdery Mildew and Fire Blight
- It heals rapidly from injury
- It matures quickly, yet is a hardwood with properties similar to Oak
- It would thrive in a wide range of soil conditions for example: chemistry, pH range, and soil structure
- It has a form complimentary to smaller lots, streetscapes as well as wide open spaces
- It has the physical properties to withstand ice and freezing rain conditions
- It has an incredibly fibrous root system
- It is exceptionally unsavory to rodents such as mice and rabbits
- It has a long life expectancy (sycamore maples)
- It is amazingly drought tolerant